Friday, September 23, 2011

Krista's 17 Birthday Party

This year we had a Peace, Love and Smore's Party theme for our daughter Krista's 17th Birthday. It was supposed to be a surprise party, but one of her friends told her about it.


I purchased a printable party from Party On Digital  on ETSY and dressed it up for the Hippie Chick party items.

This banner was on the table:


And I made this banner for the fireplace with some embellishments from my Slice die cuts.



I spelled Krista's name out in the wooden letters on the photo frames.


The night before the party she tells me that she wants a "Cake Boss" style cake with fondant butterflies on it.  Sure thing...oh yea and she want's "Whippy" frosting.  I have a great butter-cream recipe, and have decided I really don't like whipped cream frosting.  I used a whole 1/2 gallon of whipping cream too.

But, I remembered that I have an awesome Nordicware butterfly pan I have never used.  The picture is a little fuzzy - but here is the cake:



And then I made cupcakes and cut out little fondant butterflies for the tops...guess I need to learn how to use fondant better!


The best part of these cupcakes that I love - check out the Tie Dye cupcakes!!!


Other treats I made were these great peace sign cookie pops.  


Also on the dessert table were the party favors - I love these paint buckets and I dressed these up with ribbons and stickers.  In each one was some lotion, a peace sign ornament (sometimes it is OK that Hobby Lobby has Christmas decorations out in August) and a candle and votive.  



For food we tried to think of what teenagers like to eat, so we ordered Big Mouth burgers and Southwest eggrolls from Chilis, the kids are always going there to eat.  The party trays were nothing special, and I wasn't overly impressed...but the kids ate them.  We also had sodas and chips, guacamole and salsa.  And my favorite part - I was trying to come up with some cool ideas of what teens like - teens like coffee!  So without any copyright infringements on you know who...I set up a coffee bar with chocolate, caramel, coconut, toppings, different flavored coffee creamers, whipped cream, etc...and made all of the kids "blended frozen coffee drinks."  You could have caramel, creme brulee, mocha, chocolate chip, etc.

The girls could not believe how good they tasted made at home!


After coffee, soda and cake...what else could teens want?  Krista loves Smore's and I love Smore's Bars.  I bought another printable party from ETSY from ampersandink and set-up this great smore's bar.   Only we are in the middle of a drought and can not have fires. But the Smore's Bar looked really good!



Another great way to use my apothecary jars for the candy and marshmallows.  


Dressed up candy bars for making Smores:


Grab and Go marshmallow pops:


Happy Birthday Krista!  












No comments:

Post a Comment